in all the gushing about the clippers win over lebron i didn’t think we heard enough about reggie evans. evans gives the clips the physically imposing presence they were badly lacking at the start of the season. you just know opposing players don’t want to get around that elbow-swinging, ball-grabbing (both kinds) brick of a guy. til he got to la-la-land, it was getting old watching deandre jordan get pushed under the basket when the ball went up, or blake griffin getting whacked with impunity…both those things are still happening, but less, especially when reggie’s in the vicinity. the clips stepped up tonight when evans got in there and started slamming guys. it looked like it took some of the edge off the heat’s speed game. and of course, it was one and done most of the time on the offensive end for the heat when evans was in there. jordan earned his stripes too, with a bunch of key blocks at crunch time, but give evans his due…his presence was much needed. and it brings up one other thing: the clips have a lot of good complementary pieces to go with their stars. if paul’s knees hold up, watch out for the clips…
- 8,637 hits
- the lakers don’t need any big trades, but they need a speedy point
- reggie evans key for clips
- norris cole the heat pg of the (near) future?
- prediction: knicks will be better than we thought, thanks to iman shumpert
- one of the best discussions about basketball i’ve heard
- Clippers court disaster…again
- the celtics could not have screwed up worse
- is tonight’s lakers-nuggets a must-win for l.a.?
- western conference playoff wish list
- miami in the driver seat in the bottom half of the east draw